When you can return an item
We hope you love what you buy on eBay. However, if you change your mind, most sellers accept returns.
All business sellers who accept returns will give you a minimum of 14 days to return your item. And many sellers offer returns above and beyond this.
To check if a seller offers returns, have a look at the returns section on the listing. For an item you’ve already bought, simply go to your Purchase History in My eBay and click on the item.
Remember, if there’s a problem with your purchase, you’re covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee as long as you pay with PayPal.
Who pays for return postage costs
Sellers let you know in their returns policy whether you or the seller pays for the postage if you decide to return something.
How to return an item
To return an item:
1. Find the item in your Purchase History in My eBay.
2. Select Return this item from the More actions dropdown menu on the right.
3. Depending on the item you've purchased, you'll automatically be directed to either the eBay returns process or to contact the seller.
1. Select the reason you're returning the item and where you'd like to drop-off your return (your choice of Collect+ or post office locations).
2. Print the provided return postage label. Any postage charges are paid using PayPal.
3. Package the item carefully and apply the package label.
4. Send the item back to the seller.
You can track the progress of your parcel from your Purchase History in My eBay. Just select View return details from the More action
s menu to the right of the item.
Once the seller has received your parcel, they’ll process a refund within 6 business days. If you have any problems, we’ll step in to help resolve any issues.
Contact the seller
1. You'll be guided to contact the seller through My eBay.
2. The seller will confirm the process you'll need to follow to arrange a return.
Requesting a replacement item
Some sellers offer the option to request a replacement item if you'd prefer this over a refund. If available, the seller will let you know in their returns policy.You can request a replacement if:
The seller offers replacements as an option
You’re returning the original item and would like exactly the same item as a replacement.
Your item isn't as described, such as with a damaged part, or is defective in some way.
To request a replacement, simply contact the seller through My eBay. They'll let you know if a replacement is available. Once approved, make sure you post the original item back to the seller within 5 business days of starting your request.
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations apply to sales between a business seller and a consumer buyer where there’s no face-to-face contact. The regulations apply to Buy it now and Second chance offers on eBay.co.uk, but not to auction-style listings. Under these regulations you have 7 working days from when you receive your item to request a return and get your money back. This includes postage charges unless the seller let you know in their listing that you’re responsible for returns postage.
Learn more about the sale of goods law.