Terms and Conditions
What is it?
From Wednesday 9th December 2009 to Sunday 7th February 2010 (UK time), private sellers who list item(s) in the following categories: a) Music; b) Books, Comics and Magazines; c) Video Games (not including items listed in the following Video Games sub-categories: Coin-Operated, Consoles & Systems and Vintage & Retro Gaming); and d) DVD, Film & TV, using the Auction-style format on eBay.co.uk, with a starting price of £4.99 or less, will not pay an insertion fee per listing.
Please refer to "What's Excluded?" for more details.
When is it?
Wednesday 9th December 2009 – Sunday 7th February 2010 GMT (promotional period)
- Only items listed on eBay.co.uk using the Auction-style or Auction with Buy It Now formats are included in the promotion (Members listing using the Auction-with-Buy It Now format will still be charged the Listing Upgrade Fee for Buy It Now).
- Any item scheduled to start within the promotional period will qualify for the promotion.
- Only items listed for sale in the following categories: a) Music; b) Books, Comics and Magazines; c) Video Games (excluding items listed in the following Video Games sub-categories: Coin-Operated, Consoles & Systems and Vintage & Retro Gaming); and d) DVD, Film & TV.
- Sellers can list items with a starting price of £4.99 or less to qualify for the promotion.
- If sellers re-list an item within the promotional period, which had previously closed without a successful sale, the re-listed item will qualify for the promotion.
- Any items within a listing, which does not meet all the promotion criteria.
- Apart from the categories listed in the “What’s Included?” section, items listed in any other categories are excluded from the promotion. Please note that items in the following Video Games sub-categories, are not included: Coin-Operated, Consoles & Systems and Vintage & Retro Gaming.
- All formats, apart from those listed in the “What’s Included?” section, are excluded.
- Items listed as Fixed Price
- Identical listings that do not comply with our Duplicate Listings policy. See the full details about our Duplicate Listings policy.
- Any listing scheduled to start outside the promotional period will NOT qualify for the promotion.
- Any items listed which do not comply with eBay’s Listing Policies or Prohibited and Restricted Items Policies.
- Items which are listed with a Reserve Price.
- Only the basic eBay Insertion Fee will be reduced to 0 pence (£0.00). All other eBay selling fees will still apply at their standard rates, including but not limited to Final Value Fees, optional Reserve Price Fees and all Listing Upgrade Fees such as "Gallery Plus", "Subtitle", "Bold" or "Highlight". See the full details about eBay fees.
- If the item qualifies for the promotion, the "Sell Your Item" form will indicate to the seller that they have been charged the Insertion Fee of 0 pence (£0.00).
- If the item is listed in 2 eligible categories (see What’s Included? above) and both categories qualify for the promotion, the Insertion Fee will be 0 pence (£0.00) times 2 i.e. 0 pence (£0.00).
- Remember, when listing items in the eligible categories, you must ensure that:
- domestic postage is set to “Flat: Same cost to all buyers”;
- the first domestic postage service is specified and ‘0’ is entered into the £ cost field or the “Free P&P” tick box is ticked;
- insurance must either not be required or have its cost set to zero;
- postage service should not be “Local Delivery/Pick Up” or “Other”; and
- there are no surcharges.
- eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in eBay's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so. eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this promotion.
- The decision of eBay regarding any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.