Terms & Conditions
What’s it all about?
- Create up to 300 listings on ebay.co.uk (“the Site”) in an eligible category between the promotional start and end dates (“Promotion Period”), using the auction-style or fixed price format, and pay a maximum of £1 on its final value fees (“FVF”) if the item sells.
- Before your 300 listings start, you need to have actively opted in to the Promotion via the RSVP link shown in the marketing communication.
Sounds good, where do I find the Promotion and how do I sign up?
You can take part in the Promotion on the Site by activating the RSVP link during the Promotional Period before any of your listings start.
Anything else I need to know?
You won’t pay an insertion fee for any listing. Listing upgrade fees will still apply and will be charged according to the eBay fees policy.
The number of listings eligible under this Promotion may be less where seller restrictions apply. Click here to learn more about selling allowances.
About the offer
- You will receive the discount if your listings have sold. An item is defined as sold when it is paid for in full by the buyer, during its first listing period, as shown in the marketing communication.
- An eligible item previously scheduled to go live during the Promotional Period will qualify for the Promotion only if you have opted in to the Promotion before the listing starts.
- If an item that is eligible for the Promotion had previously ended without a successful sale and is manually re-listed to start during the Promotional Period, it will count towards your listing limit.
- Listings do not have to successfully sell during the Promotional Period to be eligible.
- If an item is eligible for the Promotion, when it sells, the invoice will indicate the full FVF according to the eBay fees policy. Please note: if the item does not sell the first time and if you relist it after the Promotional Period, or if it is automatically relisted during the Promotional Period, standard FVFs will be charged according to the eBay fees policy when the relisted item sells.
- Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function will be charged.
- Only single quantity listings are eligible.
- For items listed in 2 or more categories, only the insertion fee for the first category is Standard insertion fees will be charged for listing the same item for each additional category, according to the eBay fees policy.
- Free listings in this Promotion do not count towards your monthly 1000 free listings.
- Your first listing period may vary and is dependent on the listing format you choose (e.g. – auction-style vs buy-it-now), the duration of the listing you choose and the listing experience you use. The first listing period will be considered to have been ended when the listing you create first renews or relists.
Who can take part?
- This Promotion is open to all registered private sellers who have been invited to take part and have actively opted into the Promotion. Participation is linked to the seller’s account and is not transferable.
- Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay minimum seller performance standards are Please sign in to My eBay and view your seller standards dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. The seller standards dashboard is available to all sellers here.
- If you registered after 15 March 2011 or haven’t listed any items for a while, you may have a listing allowance of 10 items per month or of £650 per month, whichever is reached first. You may be able to increase this allowance by providing additional verification.
Restrictions & exclusions
The following are excluded from the Promotion:
- Business sellers.
- Sellers who have been invited to participate, but have not actively opted in to the Promotion via the RSVP link shown in the marketing communication.
- All items listed in the ‘Property’, ‘Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles’ and ‘Coins, Banknotes & Bullion’ However, items listed in the Vehicle Parts & Accessories category are included.
- Items listed in the Classified Ad format.
- Auction-style listings ended early.
- Identical listings that don’t comply with our duplicate listings policy.
- Any item listed that doesn’t comply with eBay listing policies or prohibited and restricted items policies.
- Any item listed during the Promotional Period but scheduled to start after the Promotional Period.
- Listings that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good ‘Till Cancelled function during the Promotional Period.
- Listings that are listed during the Promotional Period but do not sell and are relisted outside of the Promotional Period.
- Multi-quantity listings.
- Items sold and paid for by any payment method other than PayPal, credit card, debit card, or PayPal Credit.
- Items sold and paid for by the buyer during the Promotional Period but where payment is reimbursed partially or totally at a later date due to a return or for any other reason.
- Items sold by an eBay account that are purchased by a buyer that has the same postal address as the seller are not eligible for this Promotion.
The following restrictions also apply:
- Listing upgrade fees apply and will be charged according to the eBay fees policy.
- PayPal and any other third-party fees still apply.
- Final value fees apply for Second Chance Offers.
- If you opt in toanother Promotion during the Promotional Period, this offer may no longer be valid.
- Any attempt to manipulate the Promotion will lead to automatic exclusion from partecipation.
- eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the promotion at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which, in eBay's opinion, make it necessary for it to do so. eBay reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for certain parts of this Promotion.
- eBay also reserves the right to exclude users on the basis that their seller accounts have fallen below the minimum required seller performance standards. Sellers should confirm eligibility by checking their account status on My eBay.
- The decision of eBay regarding any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- eBay reserves the right to verify your eligibility for this Promotion.
- eBay may also disqualify any entrant who does not act in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (or is acting in a way which contravenes the spirit and intention of these Terms and Conditions) or eBay's User Agreement, and/or any policies that eBay may communicate to you.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts over any claim or matter arising under these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of liability
- eBay makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding any product or service provided by any third party in connection with any Promotion.
- eBay shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or the breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by the entrant resulting directly or indirectly from entry to this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit eBay's liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or fraud.
- eBay will not be responsible for any third party's performance or failure to perform any services related to any Promotion, or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the Promotion, provided that nothing shall limit eBay's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
- eBay does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. eBay reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may affect entry to the Promotion.
- Although eBay will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Promotion ("Promotion Material") is accurate, eBay is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect eBay's operation of the Promotion or the Site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Promotion Material.
- The Promotion is organised by eBay (UK) Limited, who may carry out this organisation through its local subsidiaries, and whose address is 1 More London Place, London, SE1 2AF, United Kingdom.