We may choose to make your eligible items available for Click & Collect unless you opt out of the programme. You acknowledge and agree that these Seller Terms for Click & Collect ("Terms") apply to eligible items listed on eBay.co.uk that buyers purchase from you where they select the Click & Collect delivery option on check out. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NOT COMPLYING WITH THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN THE DISPOSAL OF YOUR ITEM, WITHOUT RECEIVING A REFUND.
The eBay User Agreement, eBay User Privacy notice and all policies posted on our site apply in addition to these Terms. If there is an inconsistency, these terms will prevail. eBay may amend these terms in accordance with the User Agreement.
Not all items on eBay.co.uk are eligible for Click & Collect. Your listing must comply with the following in order to be eligible:
- Your item must weigh less than 15kg. No one side of the parcel can exceed 90cm with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres (including packaging). Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the eBay collection point and/or may be disposed of, without reimbursement with no liability to eBay and/or service providers.
- Your item must not be listed in an Excluded Category.
- Your item must not be an Excluded Good. (see below).
- The shipping label on your parcel must include a valid and legible eCP code (please see Packaging Requirements below for more detail).
- Your item must have a starting price of £5 or more.
- Your item value must not exceed £1,000.
- Your item must be packaged in accordance with these Terms.
- If your eBay account is not enabled for eBay managing your payments, your item must be purchased using PayPal, a credit or debit card as the payment method. If your eBay account is enabled for eBay managing your payments, your item must be purchased using any of the payment methods available in the eBay checkout.
- Your listing has a fixed price or auction format.
eBay may alter or amend the eligibility requirements at any time by posting the amended Terms on the site and such will become effective automatically on the date the revised eligibility requirements are posted on the site.
- You shall ensure that the item is packaged adequately and dispatch the order as if it was a home delivery.
- You shall ensure that the item and packaging does not exceed the requirements set out above.
- You shall ensure that the second line of the address label includes the eCP code provided when a buyer chooses Click & Collect as a delivery method (eligible 8-character unique identifier code)so that the eBay collection point can scan and identify your parcel on receipt and notify your buyer when their order is ready to collect. If the eCP code is not included in the address and the eBay collection point cannot identify your parcel, you authorise us to dispose of your item and you acknowledge that you may not be reimbursed.
- If you have an unreasonable amount of parcels (calculated at our sole discretion) arriving at eBay collection points without legible and valid eCP codes, eBay may choose to no longer display the Click & Collect delivery option on your eligible listings, either temporarily or permanently.
- If the buyer fails to collect the goods within 7 working days of being notified that it is ready for collection, the contract between you and the buyer shall be treated as cancelled by the buyer.
- Provided the item has been delivered with a valid, legible eCP code and does exceed the eligibility requirements set out above eBay will ship and cover the cost of the return.
- If the item was delivered to an Argos or Sainsbury's eBay collection point, it will be returned to you by Royal Mail's tracked 48 hour service.
- If the item was delivered to a CollectPlus eBay collection point, it will be returned to you by Yodel's tracked standard returns service.
- Once you have received a returned item, you shall refund the buyer within 2 business days in line with our return policy. The refund has to include original shipping cost (except surcharges for express delivery services that were ordered by the buyer). If eBay manages your payments, you shall initiate the refund as part of the returns process on eBay.co.uk.
- The buyer will not be able to return items to an eBay collection point and will be directed to use the standard returns process on eBay.co.uk.
- Your normal returns policy will apply to items that are eligible for Click & Collect.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
If the item is eligible for coverage under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, the buyer may open a request for an item not received if:
- The item isn't dispatched to the eBay collection point within the timeframe stated in your listing;
- The eCP code is not clearly visible on the shipping label, has been removed or is illegible and therefore cannot be identified by the Click & Collect location on arrival at the store;
- You have not followed the eligibility requirements set out above; or
- The item is lost while in transit to the eBay Collection Point.
- eBay and the collection point location shall have no liability for undeliverable, uncollected or unidentifiable parcels including those parcels that do not have a valid and legible eCP code or do not meet the eligibility requirements set out above.
- You authorise eBay and or a third party appointed by eBay to (i) donate to charity or (ii) dispose of undeliverable, uncollected or unidentifiable items at its discretion and in such circumstances you agree that title to the item shall automatically transfer.
You agree not to sell any items in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including any age restrictions relating to specific items.
eBay does not take possession of the item and you agree that eBay is not a bailee. eBay and the collection point provider exclude any and all liability (whether arising under contract, common law or statute) for any duties arising as a bailee to the fullest extent permitted by law.
eBay is not liable for the loss or damage of any item until it has been received at the designated eBay collection point and scanned into the eBay collection point providers' system. eBay is only liable for the item until collected by the buyer, or until the returned item is dispatched to the seller. Please refer to the terms and conditions of carriage with your carrier if an item is lost or damaged in transit. eBay is not liable for the acts or omissions of a carrier. The maximum liability for eBay under these Terms is that set out in the User Agreement.
You indemnify eBay and the collection point provider in full (and our officers, directors agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) for any losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, eBay or the collection point provider incur arising out of any breach by you of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any damage to eBay collection point provider or its personnel caused by your failure to adhere to the Excluded Goods list.
A person who is not party to these Terms has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 ("CRTPA") to enforce any term (except for the collection point provider or its insurer in respect of its rights to take action against a seller for breach of these Terms or their duty of care to the collection point) but this does not affect any right or remedy of third parties which exists or is available aside from the CRTPA.
eBay reserves the right to introduce fees for Click & Collect and will do so in accordance with the Fees section of the User Agreement.
eBay can suspend or permanently stop offering the Click & Collect delivery option at any time in its absolute discretion without notice. Any items already dispatched remain subject to these Terms. eBay does not guarantee continuous operation of or access to its services.
- Aerosols (except for toiletry and medicinal purposes)
- Alcoholic Beverages & Liquids
- Animal skins
- Wet acid or alkaline batteries (e.g. car batteries) or new and used lithium-ion and/or lithium polymer batteries when not sent with or contained in equipment, including mobile phone, digital camera and laptop batteries sent as replacements
- Chemicals Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and anything with an orange warning square on it, or classed as dangerous within the CLP Regulation
- Clinical and medical waste including contaminated dressings, bandages and needles
- Controlled drugs and narcotics including but not limited to, cannabis, cocaine, heroin, LSD, opium and amyl nitrate
- Corrosives including dyes, acids, corrosive paint and rust removers, caustic soda, mercury and gallium metal
- Counterfeit currency, bank notes and stamps including any false instrument, or copy of a false instrument within the meaning of section 5 of the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981
- Dry ice, e.g. UN1845 when used as a coolant for UN3373 or for other perishable items
- Environmental waste including used batteries and used engine oil
- Explosives including fireworks, flares, blasting caps
- Perishable foodstuffs or any food items that required special handling or temperature control
- Flammable liquids including petroleum, lighter fluid, flammable adhesives, solvent-based paints, wood varnish, enamels, acetone and all nail varnish removers
- Flammable solids including magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc powder and fire lighters
- Frozen water including packs of ice
- Gases including flammable, non-flammable, toxic and compressed gases, new and used gas cylinders, butane, ethane, propane, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers and scuba tanks; also see Aerosols and Lighters
- Human or animal remains including ashes
- Infectious substances and pathogens (UN2814 or UN2900) as classified in the latest edition of the Technical Instructions for Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air published by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Ivory and ivory products
- Lighters or refills containing flammable liquid or gas including used butane, petrol cigar and cigarette lighters
- Live animals and reptiles including snakes, mice and rodents
- Live creatures, eggs, insects and invertebrates
- Magnetised material with a magnetic field strength of 0.418A/metre or more at a distance of 4.6 metres from the outside of the package (including certain Public Address systems)
- Matches including safety matches
- Obscene publications and unlawful indecent images including obscene or extreme pornography as detailed in Part 5 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008 and indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of a child as detailed in section 160 and 161 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988
- Oxidising materials and organic peroxides including disinfectants, nitrates and hair dyes or colourants containing peroxide
- Paints, wood varnishes and enamels - solvent-based except nail varnish or nail polish with a volume of 30ml or less
- Perfumes or aftershaves with volume per item of 150ml or more
- Pesticides including weed killer and any chemical used to kill pests and insects, such as fly sprays
- Plants (Some sub-categories may however be eligible for CollectPlus -eBay collection points only, please see Category Exclusion List below)
- Poisons, toxic liquids, solids or gases including substances that are liable to cause death or injury if swallowed or inhaled or by skin contact, such as arsenic, beryllium, cyanide, fluorine, rat poison
- Sex toys (Some sub-categories may however be eligible for CollectPlus - eBay collection points only, please see Category Exclusion List below)
- Radioactive material and samples classified as dangerous goods in the latest edition of the Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air published by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) such as luminous dials from aircraft
- Tickets for illegal lotteries and related advertisements
- Waste, dirt, filth or refuse including household waste
- Weapons, including firearms as defined in Section 5 of the Firearms Act 1968, CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives, tasers and stun guns
Any item that is already prohibited or restricted on eBay can't be delivered using Click & Collect.
There are also items that may not be allowed under certain restricted categories.
Examples of restricted categories include:
- Art > Mixed Media
- Business, Office & Industrial > Agriculture / Farming > Livestock Supplies
- Business, Office & Industrial > Hand Tools > Saws
- Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles > Cars > Batteries
- Collectables > Animals > Taxidermy
- Crafts > Painting, Drawing & Art
- Garden & Patio > Fertiliser / Soil Improvement
- Home furniture & DIY > Appliances
- Vehicle parts & Accessories > Oils, Fluids & Lubricants > Spray Lubricants
Note: This list is not exhaustive. Typically, if the category you're listing in is not supported by Click & Collect, your listing in that category will not be enabled.
Category Exclusion List:
Last updated: June 15th, 2020.