Terms & Conditions
The Authenticity Guarantee service for Sneakers (“Authenticity Guarantee” or “Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers”) makes professional inspection and authentication services (the “Services”) mandatory for certain items sold on eBay.co.uk. These Authenticity Guarantee Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the Authenticity Guarantee service for Sneakers and Eligible Items detailed below and sold and purchased on eBay.co.uk, and set out the terms on which eBay offers you access to and use of the Authenticity Guarantee service for Sneakers.
Applicability of eBay User Agreement.
- The eBay.co.uk User Agreement, eBay's User Privacy Notice, and all policies posted on our sites (collectively, and as the same may be amended from time to time, “eBay's Policies”) apply in addition to these Terms.
- Applicability of eBay’s Money Back Guarantee. eBay Money Back Guarantee covers items returned within the seller’s return window and items that satisfy the eligibility requirements and are not received, are not as described or that arrive damaged. Learn more about eBay Money Back Guarantee.
- Service Updates and Discontinuation. eBay has the right to amend, suspend temporarily, and/or discontinue permanently, the Authenticity Guarantee.
- Description of the Authenticity Guarantee Service. Upon the purchase of an Eligible Item (description in Section 7(a) below) on eBay.co.uk, the buyer automatically instructs eBay to initiate the Services. The item is then posted by the seller directly to our authentication team to carefully inspect the item for authenticity and accuracy against the item listing. Upon confirmation of the item’s authenticity, it is properly packaged and securely posted to the buyer. If the item's authenticity cannot be verified or the item is significantly not as described, a refund is issued to the buyer.
- Description of the Services. The Services are provided by our authentication team (“the Authenticators”) for Eligible Items purchased and delivered within the United Kingdom. The Authenticators will inspect the item within two (2) business days of receipt at their facilities. This check will include inspection of the shoe for authenticity and accuracy against the item listing. Accessories such as laces will not be authenticated if they are noted in the listing as replacements. In such cases, the condition of accessories will instead be verified against the listing. By purchasing an Eligible Item, you agree and acknowledge that you instruct eBay to direct the seller to send the Eligible Item to the Authenticators to perform the Services. By listing an Eligible Item for sale you agree and acknowledge that eBay will require you to send the Eligible Item to the Authenticators to Perform the Services in accordance with the buyer’s instructions. More information about the Authenticators and Services may be found here.
- Authenticity Guarantee Service Fees. The Services are provided at no cost to sellers and buyers for Eligible Items that are bought or sold on eBay.co.uk; however, eBay reserves the right to institute, alter or amend fees or costs associated with the Services at any time, at eBay’s sole discretion. Where an Eligible item is covered by an eBay delivery label, the eBay delivery fee will apply, otherwise seller specified delivery costs will still apply.
a. Item Eligibility. Only selected listings on eBay.co.uk are eligible for the Service. eBay may amend the eligibility requirements for Eligible Items from time to time in its sole discretion with or without notice, including, but not limited to category, and/or brands/models and/or value of items and/or transactions. In particular, eBay may change the models, brands and price points of sneakers included in the Authenticity Guarantee. Check listings for the “Authenticity Guarantee” blue tick badge to see if Eligible Items from a particular seller are included at this time. Eligible Items in the Men’s Trainers and Women’s Trainers, Unisex Kids’ Shoes, Girls’ Shoes, Boys’ Shoes or Baby Shoes categories sold on eBay.co.uk via Fixed and Auction Listings must satisfy the following conditions:
- £100+: £100 and over (exclusive of postage) for all models from the below brands.
- Under £100: select price points under £100 (exclusive of postage) for select models from the below brands. Price points are subject to change. See below for brand/model details.
- Brands: Yeezy, Jordan, Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Asics, Vans, Reebok, Converse, Puma, Balenciaga, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Maison Margiela, Louis Vuitton, Crocs, Off-White, Fear of God, Dior, Y-3, YEEZY SEASON, A Bathing Ape, Versace, Visvim, Golden Goose, Rick Owens, Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang, RHUDE, Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Burberry, Valentino, Buscemi, Giuseppe Zanotti, Givenchy, MCM, Salomon, Hoka, On Running, Vivienne Westwood, Lanvin, Ermenegildo Zegna, Salvatore Ferragamo, Maison Kitsune, Junya Watanabe, Fila, Saucony, Li-Ning, Diadora, Mizuno, Common Projects, AMIRI, Android Homme, Axel Arigato, Balmain, Bottega Veneta, Comme Des Garcons, Dsquared2, HERMÈS, HUGO BOSS, KangaROOS, KENZO, Lacoste, MALLET, Moncler, Moschino, Onitsuka Tiger, Palm Angels, Philipp Plein, Raf Simons, VETEMENTS, Isabel Marant, Jimmy Choo, Stella McCartney, Clints and MSCHF
- £100+: all models from the above brands
- Under £100: select in-demand models (subject to change) from the above brands
- Condition: New & Used UK items
- Category: Men’s Trainers, Women’s Trainers, Unisex Kids’ Shoes, Girls’ Shoes, Boys’ Shoes and Baby Shoes
- The following items are not eligible for Authenticity Guarantee:
- Items not bearing the Authenticity Guarantee badge
- Sneakers listed in categories conditions, or brands (where applicable), not named above
- Miscategorised items, e.g. other types of shoes or items listed in eligible categories
- Modified/customised sneakers
- Signed sneakers
- Items purchased using an offline payment method
- Listings that offer local pickup
- Items posted to P.O. Boxes or BFPO addresses
- Items listed by sellers who are not activated on eBay managed payments
- Ineligible items will not be authenticated.
b. Country Eligibility. The Authenticity Guarantee service on ebay.co.uk is available for buyers with a delivery address in the United Kingdom. eBay reserves the right to expand or limit the countries eligible for Authenticity Guarantee or the Services at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
8. Party Roles
a. Your Role as Seller. By listing an Eligible Item for sale on the eBay platform, you agree and acknowledge that eBay will require you to post the Eligible Item to the Authenticators to perform the Services in accordance with the buyer’s instructions and you authorise its inspection by the Authenticators subsequent to its purchase. Upon purchase, you are required to post the Eligible Item, with appropriate to a facility located within the United Kingdom, as directed by eBay. Where the item does not qualify for an eBay delivery label, you should ensure that you post the item with appropriate insurance coverage. Items must be sent to the facility individually unless part of a multi-item order. The cost of postage to the Authenticators is not covered by eBay. Where the item qualifies for an eBay delivery label, the buyer will pay a flat postage fee to cover the cost of delivery, otherwise the seller specified delivery costs will apply. Please note, items cannot be delivered in person to the authentication facility. You acknowledge and agree that if the Authenticators cannot verify an item’s authenticity, a refund will be issued to the buyer and you shall cooperate with removing the item from marketplace circulation. Listing an Eligible Item does not guarantee that the item will sell with Authenticity Guarantee. Certain eligibility criteria are fulfilled by the buyer at checkout, for example, the buyer delivery address and payment method. Further, eBay may amend eligibility requirements at its sole discretion from time to time, in particular (but not limited to), the brands, models, and price points of sneakers which are under £100.
Your Role as Buyer. By purchasing an Eligible Item on the eBay platform, you instruct eBay to direct the seller to send the Eligible Item to the Authenticators to perform the Services. You acknowledge and agree to inspection of the Eligible Item by the Authenticators prior to your receipt of the Eligible Item. In addition, if a return is requested, you acknowledge and agree to post the Eligible Item (with appropriate insurance coverage where appropriate) to the Authenticators and to inspection of the Eligible Item before the return is processed or a refund is issued. More information on returns under the Authenticity Guarantee can be found here.
9. Circumvention of Buyer and Seller Requirements. If buyer or seller circumvent or do not comply with Sections 8a or 8b of these Terms, or if buyer or seller violate or are found to be non-compliant with the Terms, eBay reserves the right to take immediate action such as, but not limited to, account restriction or suspension.
10. Data Privacy. eBay's collection and processing of personal information in connection with the Authenticity Guarantee service is governed by the User Privacy Notice that applies to your use of the eBay.co.uk website or, as applicable, another eBay international site. For items purchased that qualify for the Authenticity Guarantee service, eBay will share your order information, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, and telephone number, with the Authenticators in order for it to provide the Services. By selling or purchasing an Eligible Item, you direct eBay to provide this order information to its affiliates, service providers, and other third parties (such as postage carriers and revenue authorities) as necessary to perform the Services.
11. Lost, Damaged, or Items Not Delivered. Items that are lost or damaged during the Authenticity Guarantee process are protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, subject to the eBay Money Back Guarantee guidelines. eBay assumes the risk where an item is lost or damaged at the authentication facility. Where an item is posted with an eBay delivery label, eBay assumes the delivery risk for items which are lost or damaged in such transit. Where an item does not qualify for or is not posted with an eBay delivery label, eBay assumes the delivery risk for items which are lost or damaged in transit directly from the Authenticators to the buyer (or seller where appropriate) only. Items that are undeliverable or otherwise unclaimed after thirty (30) days will be considered abandoned and eBay reserves the right to donate or otherwise dispose of the item in our sole and absolute discretion.