eBay Money Back Guarantee only covers eligible transactions that are completed ON eBay.co.uk and paid for with PayPal*. If a seller 'promises' you eBay protection or eBay Money Back Guarantee, but you aren't buying the item on eBay and/or the seller asks you to pay using another payment method, walk away. Learn more about avoiding fraud.
Common warning signs:
- A great deal that sounds too good to pass up
- Seller can't meet in person for some reason (e.g. they are overseas for work or they left the vehicle with a 'local delivery company')
- Seller claims to have made arrangements with an 'eBay Financial Centre' or eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program. (eBay Motors VPP is only available on eBay.com.)
- Seller requests payment by instant cash transfer via Western Union or MoneyGram. (These payment methods aren't permitted on eBay.)
- Seller requests payment via bank transfer to an eBay bank account. (eBay does not ask buyers to pay into our bank account.)
* Some exclusions and coverage limitations apply. Find out more about eBay Money Back Guarantee.